Cold Days are back again with special routine for Hair care. Winter is basically a Dry weather which removes moisture from Hairs making them Brittle and more prone to damage.
Dandruff is more common during winters than any other season due to reduce moist from the environment. Avoiding Dandruff during winters will solve most of the Hair Problems.
Simple lifestyle changes and attention during winters will protect your Hairs from getting dry and damaged.
1. Use Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
Shampoos are potential chemicals with drying effects. They can limit the moisture absorb abilities. Make use of Shampoo’s which helps to fight dandruff without removing moisture from the scalp. Winters causes lots of dead skin and such condition in your scalp causes dandruff. So try to use mild shampoo which can help you get rid of dandruff quickly without making your hairs brittle and dry.
2. Wash only 2 times a week
If you are someone who love too shampoo frequently then you might end up being the frizzy hair girl. Minimal washing of hairs during winters will protect it from Breakage and getting Brittle.
You mus reduce the number of times your shampoo your hairs to avoid winter issues. Keep your scalp moisturized with the help of essential oils to prevent split ends.
3. Water temperature
Lukewarm or cool water is preferable for washing hairs as it will help to retain moisture. Winters comes along with the fear of taking shower. You may love to take a hot shower without thinking its consequences. Showering with hot water can lead to various health issues apart from damaged and dry hairs.
Avoid washing them with hot water as it will damage the roots to a great extent.
4. Get the Right Conditioner
Select Conditioner that moisturizes your scalp as it will help to control frizz and prevent breakage of hairs. Good conditioners comes with multi tasking abilities they soothe your scalp and roots.
Have patience while drying hairs especially during winters. If possible, let your it dry naturally or make use of Blow dryer on lowest temperature possible. Hold blow dryer at least 6 inches (15 centimeters) away from your face.
Limit styling of hairs during this dry season as it will cause internal damages. Styling removes moisture and makes them more prone to breakage and dryness.
7. Use of Scarf
Make sure not to leave your hairs uncovered during snowfall or windy weather. Make use of scarf or hoodie of your jacket to prevent it from harsh weather.
Use Kitchen Ingredients
8. Lemon Juice: Apply lemon juice on the scalp before shampoo to reduce dandruff and flakes caused due to dry environment.
9. Yogurt: Non-flavored Greek yogurt is best way to condition your hairs during winters. Apply Greek yogurt from hair roots to tips, leave for 15 minutes and rinse with mild shampoo.
Oiling provides nourishment to the hairs and different oils are responsible for different results.
1. Coconut: It is best known to promote Hair Growth. Massaging coconut oil into scalp will improve blood circulation and reduce Hair fall.
2. Olive: It acts as a natural moisturizer that helps to retain moisture on the scalp. Massage Olive oil onto the scalp 15 minutes before shampoo. Extra virgin Olive Oil is most suitable for scalp massage.
3. Avocado: It strengthens your hair Strands and prevents breakage. Rich in vitamin E, avocado oil is best to use if you have coarsely damaged hairs.
4. Almond: Treat your dull and lifeless hairs with almond oil Massage. Massaging your scalp with almond oil provides shine and nourishment.
5. Macadamia: Macadamia oil is best to treat dry, dull, frizzy and unmanageable hairs. Massaging your scalp with macadamia oil makes your it soft and strong.
Essential Oil Blends
1. Lavender: Mix few drops of lavender oil with almond oil and massage onto your scalp. It helps to deal with Dry and flaky scalp during winters and promotes Hair growth.
2. Argan: It grows in the deserts of morocco. There are more than 15 benefits of argan oil which support lifestyle and fashion. on the scalp helps to reduce extreme hair loss and dryness caused due to cold environment
3. Neem: Neem Oil is the best cure for all major scalp Problems. Mix few drops of neem oil in your shampoo or massage onto your scalp directly. It removes dandruff, fights scalp infections, reduces itchiness and strengthens Hairs.
So “Winter is coming” and you must prepare your self to tackle rough hairs. Follow simple tips in order to avoid having frizzy and brittle hairs all the winter.